New Project Fail

When I decided my next crochet project would be the Granny Rocks sweater, I rummaged through my small stash to see if I had any suitable yarn. I was delighted to find just the right amount: six skeins of my own Shetland-Ryeland 4ply that I had saved when I gave up dyeing. I duly wound them into cakes…


…and began crocheting.  The rib went well, but after a few pattern rows I realised my tension was way off on the pattern rows. I frogged it back to the rib and decreased across the last rib row and worked a smaller size…



…but as I worked on it I realised that one of the dark blue skein hadn’t been 4ply but double knit…


I was was also beginning to think the gaps between the clusters were far too big. So although I could have dyed some of my 4ply Ryeland dark blue and used that, I don’t think I will. I’ve therefore sadly put the yarn back in my stash and am now wondering what to make for my next crochet project.

Hope you’re having more luck with your projects.

Until next time.

Bekki x