If you read my posts regularly, you’ll know I love to make up my own designs, but often procrastinate over writing the patterns up. You’ll also know I’ve been promising to write up my sheep sock pattern a for a while. So I’m delighted to tell you the Dartmoor Sheep Socks pattern is now up on Ravelry. The link is here.
Many years ago, when I did not have the time to knit a cable cardigan, I bought a cream cable cardigan. I very much loved my cardigan, but over time it grew. As it grew, it moved from being a favourite cardigan to a pull on when it’s chilly cardigan. But still it grew and the cream began to turn a little grey however well it was washed. So it became a throw on when it’s chilly and you’re absolutely sure no one will see you in it cardigan.
I wished and wished my poor cardigan was still new, until one day I realised wishing was going to get me nowhere. So I picked up my needles. I wanted to knit an near identical cable cardigan in my grey Dartmoor Yarn Company wool, but one that felt a little more feminine. I loved the idea of cabled hearts, but this was the closest I could find in a stitchionary.
But it just wasn’t heart shaped enough and I certainly didn’t want anything as untidy as the way that one pulls at the sides – although I did wonder if that was down to the skill of the knitter who made the sample for the book.
There was nothing for it but take out my graph paper and design my own.
And so I began knitting, until finally…
I’m very pleased with the finished cardigan, but not so pleased with the size of my hips and bottom. I did intended it to be slightly looser fit and I did get the measurements right – I just failed to lose the weight I intended. So now my cardigan is finished, I’ve absolutely no excuse not do it justice by getting on with losing those extra inches, which I lost last year then put half of them back on again!
I also now need to get the pattern written up within a month as I promised in the goal I added to my 2017 list last month.
I’m determined this week to get several projects finished that have been almost finished for a couple of weeks. First up is an idea I had ages ago, knitted and blocked quite a while back, but never quite found the oomph to take off the blocking mat, finish and write up. But finally I have. It’s another project for the DYC shop, Knit Your Own Country Cottage.
Apart from a couple of keyrings I need to write up, this is the last knitting kit I’m designing for the shop for a while. Hope you like it.
It’s been two weeks since my last progress update and in that time I’ve added two more boarders and two sides of the 6 1/2 squares to my quilt. However I haven’t always managed my hour a day – haven’t even touch it for a week – but I don’t think that’s too bad given that we have been doing rather a lot at home… Continue reading “Project Progress”→