Having taken a very deep breath, I’ve just published my first podcast/vlog on YouTube. (Would somebody please tell me what it’s called? I always thought podcasts were audio only, but see people now calling their YouTube stuff podcasts.)
Of course anything new is going to throw up a few challenges and I made a few rookie errors. I also took ages to edit it, which was extended even further because we had visitors – it will be clear to anyone in the UK, from the weather, that it’s a few days since I started working on it!
So there’s a few ‘warts’ I’m well aware of. I’ll also add that there’s a giveaway for the pattern for this sock….
… I say I’ve put the pattern on Ravelry, and I intended to do so before I made the episode public. However, the competition is to vote for a name for the pattern and when I went to put it up on Ravelry, I realised I couldn’t do that without a name. Doh! So the pattern isn’t on Ravelry yet, but please do enter the giveaway (see below) and I will put it up on Ravelry when I announce the winner in Episode 2.
Anyway, for better or worse, Episode One is up on YouTube and, as always, constructive criticism will be appreciated.
And here’s an explanation of how to enter the giveaway, the rules of the giveaway and links to other things mentioned….
Sock pattern giveaway
How to enter: In the comments section below vote for one of the pattern names I’ve suggested on the podcast/vlog or make a suggestion of your own.
For each person’s vote or suggestion in the comments section , I’ll put one entry into the giveaway. Since I greatly value my regular readers, I’ll add two extra entries for them if they enter the giveaway here. I’ll also appreciate any new blog followers, so I’ll add one extra entry for any new followers who vote/make a suggestion below.
You can also make extra entries into the draw in the comments on the Youtube comments, Facebook, Ravelry, Twitter and Instagram. Check the relevant posts about how to do this on each one here:
Facebook: The Dartmoor Yarn Company
Ravelry: The Dartmoor Yarn Company
- This giveaway ends at midnight on Monday 3th July 2017 British Summer Time. Entries into the giveaway received after this time will be invalid and not be included in the draw.
- One winner will be drawn at random during the next YouTube episode of Dartmoor Yarns. The winner will receive a free PDF copy of the pattern for the pair of socks shown as a finished object on Dartmoor Yarns YouTube Episode 1.
- Only one vote/suggestion per social media channel per person will be accepted.
- Instagram and Twitter entries must include #dartmooryarns.
- No other prize can be substituted for the prize offered.
- My decision on the winner is final.
- No correspondence will be entered regarding the giveaway once the winner has been announced.
- The final name of the sock pattern may not be the one voted for or suggested by the winner of the giveaway.
- Only entries that comply with the criteria stated above will be entered into the draw.
- By entering, entrants confirm they are 18+ years of age and are adhering to the above rules.
Blogs/yarn stockists mentioned
Beads and Barnacles
Watercolours and Lace
Knitting cast on world record
Cast on 15 stitches dressed as a French girl
Look forward to hearing what you think of my first vlog/podcast attempt.