It occurred to me the other day that for months now I’ve been completely ignoring the goal list of I wrote at the beginning of the year. Looking back I discovered I decided to pursue creative ‘explorations’ as well as plans and goals.
Explorations are basically following my heart during my creative time and seeing what evolves and, apart from my mojo going AWOl, so far so good.
Plans and Goals
Whilst not always completely fitting the criteria to be goals, most of my creative plans at least had time frames attached. Here’s what I planned for this year that I’ve already achieved or have started working on…
- Take part in Scrap Happy every month – so far so good.
- Use scraps or materials from my stash, rather than new, as much as possible this year – I haven’t bought anything new, so I must be.
- Make a birthday present for a friend whose birthday was Jan 11th.
- Make the cork picture I’ve save over 100 corks for.
- Finish renovating our blanket box.
- Dig out any UFOs and finish them before the end of the year – no photos, but I have. Maybe I should fess up to those next week.
What I haven’t achieve/started working on…
- Design a Christmas cardigan.
- Make some birthday cards by the end of January.
- Make secret advent present before 1st December.
- Make a Christmas table runner – well before Christmas.
- Make some Christmas table mats – well before Christmas.
- Make Christmas crackers – before Christmas.
- Santa Cowl – before Christmas
Apart from my birthday card goal – that I missed achieving – everything else is Christmas linked. The idea of these goals was to get a head start on Christmas early in the year. But right now, with the sun shinning, I’m not in the least bit inclined to work on any of them. I wonder how close to Christmas I’ll be, before I start to work on any of them?
If you set them, how are your goals going this year? And have you done anything towards Christmas during 2020?
Until next time,