Which city is the best city in UK?
1. London. Score 89.68. London is not just a major city but a thriving hub of 32 boroughs, each with their own, distinct character, from hip Dalston to colourful Notting Hill and buzzing Soho.
Why is London a great place?
One great thing about London is that there are so many free attractions. Some of the finest museums, such as the National Gallery, the Science Museum, the National History Museum, and the British Museum can be explored for free and there is also the Tate Modern, where many exhibits are available for free.
Why is London important to the UK?
London is the UK’s largest city and Birmingham is its second largest city. … World network of financial centres – London has become the international financial centre for Europe and is one of three world financial cities alongside New York and Tokyo. Many global banks have headquarters here.
Is London a good city to live in?
It’s one of the top 20 most safe cities in the world to live in. 13. London’s residents have good taste, with 87 Michelin star restaurants across the capital. Only three of these are lucky enough to have the top accolade of 3 Michelin stars – The Araki, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay and Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester.
Which is the best city in London?
The top six places to live in London are:
- Bexley: best for affordable living.
- Islington: best for students.
- Camden: best for hipsters.
- Richmond: best for families.
- Shoreditch: best for foodies.
- Lewisham: best for nature lovers.
What is London best known for?
What is London Most Famous For?
- Big Ben and The Houses of Parliament.
- Natural History Museum.
- Covent Garden.
- Oxford Street.
- Changing of The Guard at Buckingham Palace.
- Borough Market.
- Take a river bus from Westminster to Tower Bridge.
- Eat fish & chips.