Who are the female bishops in the Church of England?
Church of England
- Rachel Treweek (Bishop of Gloucester, 2015–present)
- Christine Hardman (Bishop of Newcastle, 2015-present)
- Sarah Mullally (Bishop of London, 2018–present)
- Viv Faull (Bishop of Bristol, 2018-present)
- Libby Lane (Bishop of Derby, 2019-present)
Can a woman be a bishop?
For the past nine years the leader of US Anglicans has been a woman, Katharine Jefferts Schori. Over the last 25 years some 42 women have been made bishops in Anglican churches in New Zealand, Canada, Cuba, Australia, Swaziland, South Africa, India, and Ireland.
Can you have a woman priest?
In the Catholic Church only men can become priests and bishops. They have to remain celibate because their position means they are married to the Church and need to be free of family responsibilities to be able to perform their duties fully. Women cannot be ordained as priests in the Catholic Church.