Where is the cheapest and nicest place to live in London?
The cheapest place to live in London is Bexley, with the average asking rent currently at £1,155 per month. London is known for its high prices making it difficult to get onto the property ladder. This has made renting increasingly popular across the UK, but even this can be an expensive option when living in the city.
How can I live really cheap in London?
Five Top Tips For Living Cheaply In London
- Eating Out. – …
- Get Deep Discounts On Late Night Food. …
- Don’t Buy Your Essentials At The Corner Shop. …
- Attend Exhibitions And Events Completely Free. …
- Become a Property Guardian!
Which part of UK has low cost of living?
What are the cheapest places to live in the UK? Sunderland has the cheapest average property price of any of the places on the list, although Milton Keynes is the most cost-efficient place to live, having the largest discrepancy between living costs and average income.
Which city in UK has the lowest cost of living?
The UK’s most affordable cities to live in 2021:
- Derry, Northern Ireland. Average house price: £155,917. …
- =2. Carlisle, North. …
- =2. Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber. …
- =4. Stirling, Scotland. …
- =4. Aberdeen, Scotland. …
- =4. Glasgow, Scotland. …
- Average house price: £203,229. Average salary: £36,700. …
- =8. Inverness, Scotland.
What’s the worst part of London?
1. Croydon – 4,781. The most dangerous borough in London so far this year in Croydon. Croydon has been the most violent borough considerably this year with 1,617 violent crimes reported.
Where should I live in London?
The top six places to live in London are:
- Bexley: best for affordable living.
- Islington: best for students.
- Camden: best for hipsters.
- Richmond: best for families.
- Shoreditch: best for foodies.
- Lewisham: best for nature lovers.
Is it safe to walk in London at night?
Though generally safe, it’s not a good idea to walk around London at night, especially on your own. Quite aside from the safety factor, it’s also a major capital city – if most journeys take upwards of an hour via public transport, just imagine how long they’ll take on foot.
Is 2000 pounds enough to live in London?
Most Brits feel that a salary of £2,000 a month after tax and national insurance is the threshold amount for a comfortable lifestyle (for a single person). … While most professionals can earn a good salary in big cities such as London, the cost of rent puts a huge strain on your budget.
How much do you need a month to live in London?
Summary about cost of living in London, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 4,133$ (3,062£) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 1,166$ (864£) without rent.
Is West London a safe place to live?
Much of West London is considered to be a very safe place to live. Richmond is the London area with the lowest crime rate of all, according to police figures. Meanwhile Westminster is often cited as the London borough with the highest overall crime rate.