Can I use my driving Licence in Turkey?
For the accommodations up to 180 days, foreigners who visit Turkey as a tourist, can use their valid driving licenses that was taken by their own countries in Turkey. If the foreign driver does not have a photograph on the driver’s license, the International Driver’s License or Permit (IDL / P) must be carried.
Can foreigners drive in Turkey?
A foreign national can drive in Turkey with an EU licence for six months. After six months, it must be converted to a Turkish licence. … In Turkey, you must be at least eighteen years old in order to drive a car and at least sixteen to drive a motorbike.
Do I need an International Driving Permit to drive in Turkey?
To drive in Turkey, the driver must present a valid national driver’s license that has been held for at least 2 years. An International Driving Permit (IDP) is highly recommended for anyone living outside of Turkey. … Some car rental companies require you to have a photo ID licence.
How long can I drive in Turkey on a UK licence?
How long can you drive with your UK Driving Licence in Turkey? Your driving licence is valid for 6 months upon your entry date to Turkey.
What documents do I need to drive in Turkey?
You will normally be asked for:
- A valid passport (including, if required for your nationality, a valid visa)
- A valid credit card to pay for the estimated rental fees, plus a security deposit “hold” of perhaps US$1000.
- A valid driver’s (driving) license. …
- A minimum age requirement.
How do I change my license to Turkish?
Documents required for a driving license exchange
- Application forms available from the Driver’s Association office (Soförler Odasi) at the local Transport Registration Department.
- Original valid foreign driving license.
- Notarised Turkish translation of the driving license.
How much is a driving license in Turkey?
The costs of obtaining a driving license in Turkey
The cost of a driver’s license is as follows: The average driving class A1, A2, A and F cost 164.40 liras. The average cost of a Class B driver’s license is 495.70 liras. The average cost of other categories (C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D, DE) is 827 liras.
Can I insure my UK car in Turkey?
Yes, it will. When you buy Green Card insurance, it will remain valid throughout the duration of the policy. So whether the UK is in or out of the European Union, you will be covered if you’re motoring through Europe.
How can I take my car from UK to Turkey?
As a tourist, you can bring your car into Turkey.
At the border you will need to provide:
- A valid passport.
- Your international driving licence.
- Your vehicle licence documents.
- An international green card (insurance)
- Your vehicle registration details.
Can you get a ferry from UK to Turkey?
By using Ferries.co.uk you will be able to find Ferries to Turkey with all leading ferry companies. … Ferries.co.uk presents 15 ferries to Turkey, with 8 ferry companies sailing from 12 ports with a choice of up to 10 ferry destinations in Turkey.