Do old UK pennies have any value?
Arguably the most valuable one penny coin is the 1933 George V penny, which is worth an estimated value of £72,000. Although this was originally created as a pattern coin – which means it is not intended for release into circulation – it is believed seven were issued, making them extraordinarily rare.
Are old copper pennies worth anything?
Officially, they’re worth only face value if worn, but I’ve seen many circulated S-mint Lincoln Memorial cents selling at coin shops for 5 to 10 cents.
What old UK coins are worth money?
Most valuable and rare UK coins wanted by collectors
- 1973 EEC 50 Pence Coin – valued at £3,000.
- 2012 London Olympics Aquatics Fifty Pence – valued at £1,500.
- 1983 Two Pence “New Pence” Coin – valued at £500.
- 2015 Silver Two Pence Coin – valued at £485.
- 2009 Kew Gardens Fifty Pence Coin – valued at £170.
How much is a 1937 British penny worth?
|Year of issue||Value in US $ for grade vf||Value in US $ for grade unc|
How much are copper pennies worth today?
Today, the amount of copper in an old penny is worth a little more than 2 cents. However, zinc pennies made since 1982 are presently worth only face value.