What is the biggest council in the UK?
Kent County Council is the largest local authority by population with 1,554,636 people as of 2017.
Which is the best council in London?
Westminster is followed in the overall ranking of the best performing boroughs by the City of London, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, and Hammersmith and Fulham.
News | Hot 100 2019 – London’s best-performing boroughs, ranked.
|2.||City of London|
|4.||Kensington and Chelsea|
Which London borough is the biggest?
Interesting Borough Facts
- Bromley is the largest London borough by area.
- Half of the borough is covered by green belt countryside, the largest area of green space in London.
- Biggin Hill aerodrome in Bromley was the main aerodrome for RAF pilots in the Battle of Britain, 1940.
What is the poorest council in London?
Tower Hamlets has the highest rate of poverty in the capital, at 39 per cent, meaning around two in five people in the borough are living in poverty.
Below is a table of the poverty rates in each London borough ranked lowest to highest.
Which London borough has the most council housing?
Becontree in The London Borough of Barking & Dagenham is generally considered to be the largest council estate (in terms of population).
Which London borough is the best to live in?
The top six places to live in London are:
- Bexley: best for affordable living.
- Islington: best for students.
- Camden: best for hipsters.
- Richmond: best for families.
- Shoreditch: best for foodies.
- Lewisham: best for nature lovers.
What is the smallest borough?
The smallest borough in population, 60-square-mile Staten Island is home to 477,000 residents and easily accessible via the Staten Island Ferry.
What is the dirtiest borough in London?
Most polluted areas in London
|1||City of London||-75|
Where do the poor live in London?
The most concentrated areas of high poverty are in areas such as Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, and the north east of London. There are also noticeable pockets of high poverty rates in areas in west London, such as in Brent and the north ends of Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.