What is the biggest borough in London by area?
Interesting Borough Facts
- Bromley is the largest London borough by area.
- Half of the borough is covered by green belt countryside, the largest area of green space in London.
- Biggin Hill aerodrome in Bromley was the main aerodrome for RAF pilots in the Battle of Britain, 1940.
What is the smallest borough?
The smallest borough in population, 60-square-mile Staten Island is home to 477,000 residents and easily accessible via the Staten Island Ferry.
Is Bromley rough?
Bromley is considered to be a safe area to live in London, and ranked as 6th safest among the London boroughs in 2013. The crime rate here is 65 crimes per 1000 people, the same as the UK average and significantly lower than the London average of 93 per 1000.
Which borough is best to live in London?
The top six places to live in London are:
- Bexley: best for affordable living.
- Islington: best for students.
- Camden: best for hipsters.
- Richmond: best for families.
- Shoreditch: best for foodies.
- Lewisham: best for nature lovers.
What are the poorest parts of London?
The most concentrated areas of high poverty are in areas such as Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, and the north east of London. There are also noticeable pockets of high poverty rates in areas in west London, such as in Brent and the north ends of Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster.