How do I fill out a British passport application?
Guidelines to Complete the Original Passport Application Form
- Complete the form in capital letters with a black ballpoint pen.
- Write only within the white boxed areas.
- Leave other areas of the form blank. Do not strike through or otherwise mark them.
- If you make minor mistakes you can black them out with a pen.
What is written on the first page of the British passport?
The cover of a British passport is in EU format, maroon in colour and features the Royal Arms. The first page contains another representation of the Arms, together with the following wording: … As a British passport is issued in the name of Her Majesty, it is unnecessary for The Queen to possess one.
Can I fill DS-11 online?
You can fill out the DS-11 form online or print out and fill out by hand. If you fill out the form electronically, at the end of the questionnaire you will need to print the form and bring it at the time of the interview.
What are some of the questions asked by a passport application?
The first section of the passport application asks for your full name, your date of birth, sex, birthplace, Social Security number, mailing address and phone number. You may provide an e-mail address if you choose, but it’s not required.
What documents are needed to apply for a British passport?
You’ll need all of the following:
- your full birth certificate showing your parents’ details.
- your father’s birth certificate.
- your parents’ marriage certificate.
- the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on.
Do I have to upload supporting documents for passport?
Uploading of documents is optional; Step 5: Now take an appointment to visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (appointments are released region-wise). … Note: Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs).
What is the current wait time for a UK passport?
Processing times in the UK
Allow up to 10 weeks to receive your passport.
Does a British passport mean you are a British citizen?
Having a British passport doesn’t mean you’re a citizen either. British citizens, overseas territories citizens, overseas citizens, subjects, nationals (overseas) and protected persons can all apply for a passport.
Is British passport powerful?
The Guide Passport Ranking Index has released the list of the most powerful passports in the world. As per these records, the British passport is currently ranked as the 7th powerful passport in the world.
Do I have to put fathers details on child passport UK?
You need to give both parents’ details when you apply. If you cannot provide the other parent’s details, you need to say why (for example, you’re the only parent named on the birth certificate or you adopted the child on your own).
What documents do I need for child passport?
New Born Passport
- Personal presence of both the parents with the child is mandatory.
- Copy of the Marriage Certificate (in English) of the parents.
- Copy of Emirates IDs of both the parents (Photocopy services are available in the BLS center)
Do both parents need to be present for child passport?
Online passport application form. The applicant should submit the application in person for identification and BOTH PARENT has to accompany the child. …