Frequent question: What is the fattest country in the UK?

What country has the lowest obesity rate?

TOP 20 Countries with the Lowest Overweight and Obesity Rates

1. Vietnam 2.1%
2. Bangladesh 3.6%
3. Timor-Leste 3.8%
4. India 3.9%
5. Cambodia 3.9%

Is obesity a problem in the UK?

Obesity is a major public health problem, both internationally and within the UK. Being overweight or obese is associated with an increased risk of a number of common diseases and causes of premature death, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some cancers.

Is Australia the fattest country?

Australia has the second highest rate of obese men among countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), placing them just behind the United States, according to a report released today by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).

What is the obesity rate in Spain?

In Spain, 21.6% of adult people suffer from obesity, increasing with age and especially among women aged ≥50 years [9].

What is the obesity rate in Switzerland?

Obesity and excess weight is more prevalent among men than women. In 2017, 51% of men in Switzerland were overweight (38.7%) or obese (12.3%). The same figures for women were 10.2% and 22.8%, a total of 33%. The authors of the study point out how excess weight is becoming normalised.

THIS IS FUN:  You asked: Was slavery legal in the UK?