Although it’s been a month since I last posted my work in progress, I’m afraid there hasn’t been a lot of progress – partly due to being busy and party due to three weeks of me falling asleep on the settee most evenings, because Mr Hicks was unwell and getting me up in the middle of the night. Although I’m pleased to say he’s now been sleeping through since last Saturday 🙂
The positive in the not knitting is that I haven’t had to make a decision on whether to frog the blue scarf. I like the pattern, but it needs an edging and I’m not sure what will work to my satisfaction. Any thoughts?
Of my other ongoing projects, I’ve only knitted a few rows of LH’s Christmas sweater, cast on and knitted a tiny bit of my second green sock and made no progress on the Mitred Mystery.
Of course there would have been a little more progress on these, if I hadn’t revisited a project I started last Christmas. I picked it up, because it’s autumn and if I don’t finish it now, it won’t be able to publish the patterns in time this year.
You may recall that in a moment of madness last December, I challenged myself to knit and post the pattern for one Santa sack a day to make an advent calendar of Santa sacks.
I shared the patterns for free last December as an advent giveaway, but took them down in January as I knew they were far from perfect. When I picked them up again last week, it was quite shocking to see how imperfect some of them were – I couldn’t believe I’d charted this snowflake pattern as a green snowflake on a white background!
On top of the mistakes, there were things I knew I could make a lot clearer as I put them all together as a collection. I set about checking the patterns through and kicked out the worst ones. If you were reading the blog last December, you may remember this – you guys guessed it was a tree, a bell or an angel. I thought it looked like a stingray…
I designed five new patterns and set about knitting the new designs, plus some of the original designs that I’d given away as presents…
It’s been far more time consuming than I’d hoped, but I now have 28 patterns I’m happy with, only 5 more Santa sacks to make, plus sewing up the 3 above.
So that’s my knitting progress, hopefully, since the nights are drawing in and things are getting quieter, I’ll have this project finished and more knitting progress to report very soon.