Before the year gets any older, I thought I’d better share my personal creative goals for 2017. I like to blog them because:
- Knowing others know about our goals:
- makes us think harder about them and if we really want to commit to them.
- makes it harder to sneak out of working them, because none of us want to be thought a failure.
- Declaring we’ll do something publicly makes it feel more important and therefore we’re more likely work on it.
- Having others on our side can provide us with encouragement when we wobble, praise when we succeed and advice when we get stuck.
I’m afraid I’ve only come up with half a dozen, but then I only achieved 5 last year, so maybe that’s more realistic? I may, of course, add to them as the year proceeds. I’ve also got a lot of knitting goals for the DYC as well as these, although what I achieve may well overlap into what I do for the DYC. Anyway here they are:
- Attend at least two workshops
- Knit Lovely Husband a Christmas jumper – already worried about this one.
- Learn something knitting related each month
- Knit for ‘pleasure’ at least three times a week – lately I’ve ended up spending far too much knitting time on working out patterns for kits or to demo my yarn.
- Make a knitted bag
- Make gift a least once a month
having said 6 may be enough, I still think I need/want more than this. So will continue to think. If you’ve written one, how many goals have you go on your creative goal list this year?