Time again for Sunday Sevens, devised by the wonderful Nat at Thread and Bobbins for bloggers to share photos of their personal week.
- Regular readers may remember that a while back we bid for and won, in a charity auction, an afternoon tea at Lydford Country House Hotel. Although we would have left it until the dieting was over, there was an expiry date on it of the end of March. So last Sunday we went for our afternoon. It was totally yummy and we’ll definitely be returning for more once the diet is over.
2. Since Sunday afternoon is the time I stand on the scales each week, I ran home to quickly stand on them before the calories settled on my hips and bum. I was delighted to find I’d lost 3 1/2lbs over the previous week – so I was able to add a bag and half of sugar to the mound that represents my total weight loss this year…
3. Weather-wise, apart from yesterday, we had glorious week of sunshine – although it was a little cold. Still, it was feeling very spring-like with the beautiful blue skies and the gorse blooming – sorry not such a good photo of that.
4. The daffodils were out in force too. This patch in our garden has come up blind the last two years we’ve been here, but last year I managed to stop Lovely Husband mowing the daffodil stems down the minute they’d finished blooming. Just look at the difference it made…
5. Unfortunately it’s not all been good news in the garden. This appeared on Wednesday….
6. On Thursday evening I had a lovely time out having drinks for a friend’s 40th Birthday. I forgot to take photos, apart taking a pic of a flump rabbit, which, apart from 3 glasses of Prosecco, was my only diet breaking indulgence. I would have had birthday cake, but I’m lactose intolerant and I forgot to take my tablets that let me eat dairy 😦
7. Unfortunately it’s been such a busy week workwise that I barely had any time to work on the secret sweater. All I managed was a little bit of decreasing on the sleeves. Hopefully I’ll get more done next week.
Hope you’ve had a great week too.