Time for another #sundaysevens. Sunday sevens was devised by the wonderful Nat at Thread and Bobbins for bloggers to share photos of their personal week.
We woke Sunday Morning to find the wind had blown a large bow from one of our pine trees. Unfortunately lovely husband is so log obsessed, he had chopped it up before I had time to take a photo! Fortunately it had only hit the hedge, so no harm done.
Apart from walking Hicks, we stayed indoors doing chores as the rain continued to pour down, causing even more flooding than it had on Saturday. However, indoor activities also included swatching he yarn for my yellow sweater, and recalculating the pattern to fit a tall person.
2. Although we had a lot of flooding at the weekend, the real storm didn’t come until Monday. Apparently the winds reached 95mph on the coast and there were 60ft waves. Fortunately living inland we only had mere 65mph winds. I took Hicks for a walk on the Granite Way – an old railway line that is now a cycle path – well out the way of potential falling trees. I could hardly stand up at times and the sheep appeared to be having the same problem.
3. On Tuesday the storm had passed and when Hicks and I walked in the woods, we found a lot of trees had blown over.
4. Tuesday afternoon I visited my lovely hairdresser for a redo of my highlights and a haircut.
5. On the way home I did a spot of shopping in Waitrose and saw these. They don’tusually sell the white chocolate ones, but they were in for valentines day – so I had to buy them, ready for when I finish dieting.
6. On Wednesday evening I asked lovely husband if we had a spare clock as I have to guess how long I’m on the turbo trainer. Once I’m into a book I can judge it by the amount I’ve read, but it’s a bit hit and miss at the start of each new book. Thursday morning I came down to find this hanging from the light in my office right in front of my bike. It’s jolly useful, but if anyone looks through the window, I’m going to look like a donkey chasing carrot on a stick.
7. As for the diet – hope I’m not boring you too much with the bags of sugar, but blogging my weight loss helps me make myself accountable and stay motivated. Last Sunday afternoon’s visit to the scales revealed a loss of 1.8 lb. Although it’s a good amount, it’s less than previous weeks, despite me having done exactly the same. But still a bit more sugar to add to the pile 🙂
Hope you’ve had a great weekend too.