What passes for normal around here resumed this week, and with it I’m back to a regular #sundaysevens. Sunday sevens was devised by the wonderful Nat at Thread and Bobbins for bloggers to share photos of their personal week.
- Last Sunday Lovely Husband scoffed when I said the river would be too deep to cross the stepping stones. Having said he’d be crossing whatever, he did and got very wet feet. Unfortunately Hicks followed and I spent a tense few moments shouting at him to come back in case the current was too strong for his old legs. He ignored me, but fortunately was fine.
2. The girls left on Sunday afternoon and we packed away Christmas 😦
3. Once we’d tidied up, we took out the scales for an official pre-diet weigh in.
4. On Monday Hicks and I found Christmas again in the woods.
5. The tree surgeon came on Tuesday and a suspicious Mr Hicks went out afterwards to stalk the logs – well, you never can be too sure what those pesky logs will get up to.
6. As the rain kept on coming, I climbed back on the turbo trainer in my quest to loose the pounds. But I did make it out on my real bike on Wednesday, with my cold ears protected by my head band from my stitching Santa Pippa at Barnacles and beads.
7. Each Christmas I do feel rather guilty about cutting down young firs to have a Christmas tree in the house, and have been wondering if it would be better to have an artificial one instead. When My lovely neighbour told me Waitrose were selling these for £10 each, I grabbed two. One for the kitchen-diner and one (maybe) to replace the real tree.
Have you grabbed any sale bargains this year?