It’s Sunday again, so time for another #sundaysevens – the brainchild of Nat at Thread and Bobbins. Sunday sevens is about posting seven photos of snippets of your personal week. However this week my Sunday Sevens covers two weeks since I’ve been away on holiday
- For the last two weeks we’ve been in California. First we headed for Monterey. The highlight of Monterey was our truly awesome whale watching trip. We did the same trip ten years ago and never saw a single whale! This year we were surrounded by 30 – 40 whales as well as hundreds of dolphins and seabirds. Stupidly, although we’d remembered the binoculars, I’d left our camera at home in England. However, with them popping up and down without notice, they weren’t so easy to catch and it would have been easy to have lost the magic of the experience spending too much time trying to get a good shot.
2. After Monterey we headed for the amazing scenery of Yosemite National Park.
3. Our final stop was Santa Barbara for some rest and relaxation.
4. And, as if Yosemite and the Whales weren’t amazing enough, remember the film Big? We found Zoltar – unfortunately he didn’t magically make me 32 years old.
5. But even more amazing than that, I went for a ride on a Harley with a sea otter…
And finally, my best experience – equalled only by having lunch with Lovely Youngest enroute back home…
7. My best experience was, of course, being reunited with Mr Hicks.
Nothing beats a doggie welcome home 🙂
Hope you’ve had a great week!