Now we’ve stepped into April and have passed the quarter of the year mark, it’s high time I reviewed my year so far. Reviewing has a multitude of benefits, one being that we can see how we’re progressing. This then allows us to:
- Identify if we’re still on course
- Make corrections to bring us back on track
- Change our mind about the directions we want to head in
This year has been pretty full on, so creative progress has been somewhat hampered. But life always has something to chuck at you, so I’m not complaining, just allowing myself to take that into account when I see how far I’ve got this year.
So, what have I achieved in my creative life so far this year?
I started this blog and at March 31st I’d:
- Consistently posted three times a week
- Gained 234 followers and had over 2,200 hits – A big THANK YOU to you all you amazing people for that!
- Blogged 10,895 words
- Received the Liebster award
- Knitted a cowl and a Christmas jumper
- Attended a sewing workshop at Cowslip Workshops
- Had one sewing ‘fun’ day with a friend
- Written 5,600 words of a novel
- Started two secret knitting projects and one secret cross stitch
Not too shabby considering how full-on my year’s been so far.
But what have I NOT achieved that I hoped I would have by now?
I’ve only read two books since I set my year’s list at the start of this month. I also haven’t:
- Started learning to crochet
- Avoided starting new projects
- Avoided writing novel length fiction
- Been tidying up for ten minutes a day during lent
- Completed as many UFOs from my list as I hoped I would
As I said at the start of this post, there’s a lot I could analyse from this, but the questions I’m going to ask are:
- How am I going to build on what I’ve achieved?
- What more do I want to achieve in these areas?
- Why haven’t I achieved the things that I meant to achieve but haven’t?
- Do I still want to achieve the things I haven’t achieved and, if so, how/when am I going to achieve them?
What have you achieved so far this year?
Are there course corrections you want/need to make?